Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a precautionary Food Safety Management System that is designed to control hazards at points that are critical to food safety.
This HACCP for Catering and Retail course will introduce learners to the HACCP management system and help you to understand how to comply with the law, how to work safely and efficiently and what each crucial step of the HACCP implementation process entails.
Duration: 40 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Understand how to manage food safely
- Understand the legal framework
- Describe employers' and employees' responsibilities
- Understand HACCP and its principles
- Understand how to maintain HACCP
- List the four steps to developing a HACCP plan
- Outline and explain the seven principles of HACCP
- Identify the benefits of applying a HACCP system
- Carry out good hygiene practices, including scheduled cleaning and stock rotation
- Identify and reduce possible food hazards
- Outline the food Safety Act 1990 and how this relates to implementing a food safety management system
Who needs this qualification?
This course is aimed at anyone responsible managing food safety within the business.
Why is this training important?
The HACCP principles are recognized internationally as a good food practice system.
By law, all food businesses – including catering, retail and manufacturing – must have an effective food safety management system in place.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.