Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is ideal for anyone working as a Supervisor, Team Leader or Line Manager in the catering and hospitality industry, as well as those who own/manage a small catering business. It is recommended each food premises have at least one member of staff trained to Level 3 standard.
Duration: 8-10 hours
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food-safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food hygiene legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regard to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
Who needs this qualification?
This food safety course is ideal for anybody working or wanting to work with teams in the hospitality or catering sector. It is also suitable for people who are supervising or managing a team but without a formal qualification. The course is also ideal for operators running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
Why is this training important?
The topics contained within this course are regarded by the food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food including handling and preparation.
Learners will be able to provide examples of effective supervisory management relating to food production.
Learners will have the appropriate knowledge and understanding to implement food safety management procedures, which will enable them to identify problem areas, to identify hazards to food safety, to recommend solutions, take appropriate action in the light of these hazards and contribute to improvements in food safety practice.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment
80% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass
Person(s) in charge bundle
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.