Staff Appraisal Skills
This e-learning course will provide users with a general knowledge surrounding staff appraisals and the role they play within the workplace. It is a combination of both theoretical knowledge and interactive activities, which have been designed to help users learn and practice appraisal skills whether they are an employer or employee. You will learn how to provide feedback in a structured and professional manner. Staff Appraisal Skills show users how to provide feedback in a structured and professional manner.
Duration: 40 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Understand managing performance
- Understand how to set objectives
- How to set targets
- Understand how to give and receive feedback
- List the objectives and benefits of staff appraisals
- Identify and explain the five types of appraisal scheme
- Recognise the problems associated with performance appraisals
- Outline the steps of an appraisal process, from explaining the method to following through on ‘action points’
- Follow the correct structure when conducting an appraisal interview
- Effectively use communication techniques such as active listening during the appraisal process
- Recognise what constitutes useful feedback and how this should be communicated
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone who employs or manages employees.
Why is this training important?
This course is aimed to show candidates how to engage and motivate employees to improve performance in a job role.
It provides an insight into what an appraisal is, the different types, how to design an appraisal system and how to conduct an appraisal that will engage and motivate employees to improve performance in a job role.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 15 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Person(s) in charge bundle
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.