This course defines what manual handling operations are and the human and financial consequences of poor manual handing. It defines what manual handling operations are and the human and financial consequences of poor manual handling. It also shows factors that promote safe manual handling, inappropriate activities that can cause injuries, how to plan and use safe manual handling techniques working alone and as a team, and how to implement risk assessments.
Duration: 60 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Understand manual handling operations and legislation
- Identify injuries and statistics related to manual handling
- Describe the personal and financial consequences of poor manual handling
- Explain improper activities that can cause injuries
- Understand how to handle and move objects correctly
- Outline employee and employer duties under health and safety legislation
- Identify bad practices in the workplace that may cause injury
- Give examples of Musculoskeletal Disorders caused by inappropriate manual handling activities
- Plan the safe movement and handling of objects
- Use safe manual handling techniques to avoid injury when working alone or as a team
- List the 5 steps of a manual handling risk assessment
Who needs this qualification?
Any employee who needs to carry out lifting or moving or who may need to implement the processes in order to adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act and Manual Handling regulations in relation to handling objects in the workplace.
Why is this training important?
To understand safe manual handling and inappropriate activities that cause injuries.
This e-learning course will provide learners with general knowledge around manual handling operations that are related to the workplace and help to raise awareness of the risks and controls relating to poor practice.
By following the advice, guidance and good practices explained in this course, those performing manual handling operations in the workplace will be able to avoid injury to themselves and others.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.