The Level 2 Food Safety Training Course has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments. The Level 2 Award in Food Safety provides a flexible syllabus that enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
• Pubs, hotels, restaurants
• Supermarkets and retail environments
• Food and drink manufacturers
• Care homes
Why is this training important?
Employers are legally obliged to provide training. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
• Gain a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved.
• Understand how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling).
• Gain the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers. Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
One-day programme (min. 6 hours)
Multiple choice examination
Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety.
*Workshops and courses are priced per person and can be booked for up to 12 candidates to attend. Up to a maximum of 6 additional candidates can attend a course and the costs may vary depending on numbers. Prices include the appropriate examination fee only, course books or booklets are additional. A 5% discount is applied if five or more courses are booked in a bundle.