FAA First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
This Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) provides learners with a solid foundation in understanding mental health, enabling them to identify common mental health conditions and offer initial aid and guidance to those in need.
Duration: One day
Course type: Classroom
Number of candidates: 1 - 12
- Define mental health
- Indicate understanding of the stigma, surrounding mental health
- Identify factors that can affect a person’s mental health
- Understand the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Outline the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Identify signs of stress
- State how stress can be managed
- Identify signs and/or symptoms for the following mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide, Self-harm
- State potential effects of alcohol and drug abuse on a person’s mental health
- Outline potential negative consequences of substance abuse in a person’s employment and lifestyle
- Demonstrate the application of the first aid action plan for mental health
- State key factors in providing a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone who would like to support colleagues facing mental health issues and improve understanding and attitudes towards mental health in the workplace.
Why is this training important?
Delegates will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. Attendees will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).