SALPS is designed to assist you in understanding your responsibilities as a personal licence holder, covering the legal basis of the required training of staff selling or serving alcohol under the Licensing Scotland Act 2005. The course also provides good practice in managing conflict situations and the standard of service.
• Licensing and the licensing objectives
• The definition of ‘alcohol’ in the Act
• What constitutes an unlicensed sale
• The functions of licensing standards officers and their powers
• The nature of an operating plan and it place in the licensing system
*eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences are pre purchased in bundles and the number of licences that are purchased in a bundle determines the cost paid per licence. There are three tiers to select from. There is no requirement to commit to a set number of licenses per training option, only a requirement to commit to a total number purchased per level. Tier 1 up to 99 licenses is £30 per licence, Tier 2 from 100 to 250 is £24 per licence and Tier 3 over 250 licences is £18 per licence.courses are booked in a bundle.