This course is designed to give employees an understanding of coffee including bean varieties, storage conditions and coffee-making equipment. It will provide the necessary skills to prepare and serve a variety of drinks such as; espresso, americano, cappuccino, latte, mocha and hot chocolate. In addition, it provides information relating to using commercial espresso machines in restaurants, bars and cafés.
Duration: 30 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Explain the history of coffee
- How to store coffee
- How to use coffee machines
- Describe how to create specialty coffees
- Be aware of the origins of the coffee bean and its processing
- Understand the equipment and cleaning procedures required during drink preparation
- Prepare hot drinks safely, reducing the risk of burns and cross-contamination by viewing the step-by-step video guides within the course
- Demonstrate coffee skills including preparing espresso-based drinks
- Use coffee skills and knowledge to prepare quality drinks, increasing customer satisfaction
Who needs this qualification?
Training is suitable for any team member at all levels, particularly those who are preparing and serving espresso-based drinks.
Why is this training important?
The skills and knowledge gained from this course will help employees in the food and Beverage industry prepare and serve the perfect coffee every time and complete their professional barista training.
There is no formal end assessment for this course.
There are quiz style pages throughout.
Team member bundle
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.