Bribery Act Awareness
- Bribery Act Awareness aims to ensure that employees understand what bribery and corruption is and how it can occur in a business.
- The course also shows how to implement the six principles that underpin an effective anti-bribery policy and procedures that will help to protect organisations against prosecution under the Bribery Act.
- It was on the 1st of July 2011 that the UK Bribery Act 2010 came into power. This made it a legal requirement that all businesses operating within the United Kingdom should provide employees with adequate training in Bribery Act Awareness.
Duration: 60 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Define ‘bribery’, ‘improper performance’, ‘relevant function or activity’ and ‘the essence of bribery’
- Understand anti-bribery and corruption legislation
- Identify implications of a bribery compliance program
- Awareness of the consequences of failing to implement a bribery programme
- Recognise scenarios in which the offences of paying and receiving bribes could be committed
- Outline bribery offences and penalties under the Bribery Act 2010
- Identify and understand the difference between bribery and genuine hospitality and promotional expenditure
- List and explain the six principles of bribery prevention
Who needs this qualification?
Bar staff, restaurant managers, retail staff.
Why is this training important?
Gain the knowledge and understanding needed to recognise and prevent bribery from happening in a workplace, and how to create and implement an anti-bribery policy and risk assessment.
By raising awareness in this area, the employer and employee will both greatly benefit from undertaking such training. Bribery is a crime that both parties may engage in, both the giver of money or items and the receiver. It is therefore vital that staff are trained in the risks and implications of such behaviour, and also educated in how to deal with such possibilities in order to protect themselves.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 10 questions.
Person(s) in charge bundle
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.