Food safety in catering
The Level 2 Food Safety Training Course has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments. The Level 2 Award in Food Safety provides a flexible syllabus that enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
- Gain a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understand how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Gain the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers. Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes
Why is this training important?
Employers are legally obliged to provide training. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
Multiple Choice Examination
*Workshops and courses are priced per person and can be booked for up to 6 candidates to attend, subject to social distancing requirements. Prices include the appropriate examination fee only, course books or booklets are additional. A 5% discount is applied if five or more courses are booked in a bundle.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased in bundles and the number of licences that are purchased in a bundle determines the cost paid per licence.