Food Safety in catering
The Level 2 Food Safety Training Course has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments. The Level 2 Award in Food Safety provides a flexible syllabus that enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Duration: Half day
Course type: Classroom
Number of candidates: 1 - 12
- Gain a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understand how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Gain the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers. Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes
Why is this training important?
Employers are legally obliged to provide training. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
Multiple Choice Examination