Fire Safety Awareness
This course gives an insight into a thorough understanding of roles and duties of a Fire Marshal. Fire safety is imperative to protect guests, staff and visitors in the hospitality sector. People can lose their lives or suffer serious injuries because of commercial fires. The aim of this course is to provide those working within hospitality with an underpinning knowledge regarding fire safety procedures in the workplace. Learners will gain an understanding of the legal requirements placed on businesses to reduce the risk of fire and to ensure people can safely escape if a fire does occur.
Duration: 40 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Outline the role and responsibilities of a Fire Marshal
- Knowing how a Fire Risk Assessment can contribute to Fire Safety
- Know what content forms part of a Fire Risk Assessment
- Understand fire hazards
- Identify detection and warning
- Explain Fire Safety measures
- State the principles of fire and how fire spreads
- Be aware of fire legislation and enforcement
- Understand fire detection systems and alarms
- Identify fire classifications
- Understand methods of extinguishing a fire
- Explain what actions to take on discovering a fire or hearing the fire alarm
Who needs this qualification?
Any employee carrying out the role of Fire Marshal or Fire Warden.
Anyone in a non-managerial role, in any industry.
Why is this training important?
Fire Marshals/Wardens are responsible for ensuring Fire Safety legislation and it is essential they know what their responsibilities are.
Individuals with these roles need the right knowledge and right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of Fire Safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.