Your privacy is extremely important to us. This policy explains what personal information we have, how we use it and how you can check and update any of your personal information.
The personal information you give us includes:
- who you are (name, contact details, job title, business address, interests & preferences)
- correspondence with us face to face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We will use the personal information gathered for the purposes of provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested, and also for administration purposes:
- to respond to your customer service requests
- to keep you informed of any special offers, company news, updates, product information or events that we believe might be of particular interest to you
- to administer and operate your accounts
- for record-keeping purposes
- for credit checks & processing payments
- for market research
- to track activity on our website
- to improve and monitor our customer service to you
- for the prevention of crime and fraud
- to confirm your identification when you contact us
We do not carry out automated decision making or profiling.
If you do not want to hear from us about our products and services, you can choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related e-mail you may receive from us.
If you prefer, you can send an email to email@example.com with the header “Unsubscribe”.
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data. When you provide your personal data through our Service, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
In limited circumstances your personal data may be accessed by and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may in some instances disclose your personal data to third parties, to help us operate our business or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We require that third party have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data.
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. To request a copy of your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “My data request”
including the following Required Information:
- your full name and
- a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range
- email addresses (past and present) you have used to access our services
- attach to the email a copy of your current and valid photo ID (e.g. a passport photo page)
From the date that we receive all of the Required Information, we have – under the relevant legislation – 30 days to process your request.
If you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
Data Protection Officer, Shield Safety, 45/47 - 1st Floor Newton Street, Northern Quarter, Manchester, M1 1FT, 020 3740 3744
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/