Emergency First Aid Awareness
This course outlines the requirements of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981. It provides some basic guidance and knowledge of first aid in emergency situations.
Duration: 60 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Carry out assessments on casualties using DRABCD
- Use correct techniques for resuscitation
- Follow instructions when working with an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- List the signs of choking and the steps to treat a casualty with an obstruction in their airway
- Treat wounds and embedded objects
- Classify burns and follow the steps to treat them
- Identify and treat broken bones and sprains
- Recognise the symptoms of a stroke using FAST
Who needs this qualification?
Aimed at those responsible for emergency first aid in their workplace, this course aims to help those individuals understand all first aid arrangements for a variety of injuries.
Why is this training important?
Emergency First Aid provides users with the knowledge and understanding to significantly reduce assessment times when an accident has occurred, allowing treatment to be given at the earliest possible time.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.