The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is a set of regulations that are designed to control hazardous substances at work in order to prevent ill health.
Duration: 60 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Understand COSHH regulations and what they mean in practice
- Outline the legal framework surrounding COSHH
- Demonstrate assessments and action plans
- Understand how to reduce exposure by process change and substitution
- Explain the procedure to follow in cases of contamination
- Identify hazardous substances and explain how they can cause harm Recognise international hazard symbols
- Recognise international hazard symbols
- State the five steps of a risk assessment
- Implement control measures to eliminate or reduce the risk of exposure to hazardous substances
Who needs this qualification?
All employees working in an environment where there is potential for exposure to potentially harmful substances.
Why is this training important?
This course helps to identify substances that are harmful to health and how to apply the appropriate controls needed to prevent or reduce employees’ exposure to hazardous substances.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.