This course is ideal for anyone working with food and covers the basic principles of food Safety and shows how to manage common food safety hazards.
Duration: 60 mins
Course type: eLearning
Number of candidates: 1 per licence
- Identify food hazards and contamination
- Distinguish between bacterial and biological hazards
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand about the appropriate cleaning and disinfection
- Outline legislation regarding food safety
- Describe the different types of contamination
- Identify the 14 food allergens and the symptoms of allergic reaction
- Explain food poisoning and food borne illness and list the causes and symptoms
- Implement control measures in the kitchen to reduce the risk of illness
- Observe the strict personal hygiene standards required to produce food safely
- Carry out effective cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Recognize signs of pest infestation and implement necessary control measures
Who needs this qualification?
This course is designed to help food handlers – from chefs to waiting staff.
Why is this training important?
Colleagues must be trained to ensure all food is safe to eat which is a legal requirement for trained food handlers to carry out their job safely and effectively.
To ensure food handlers know and understand food safety legislation and ensure all food produced is safe to eat.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions.
70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Team member bundle
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased as part of one of our bundles. To view our bundles visit our Training page.