FAA Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
This FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) provides learners with a detailed understanding of mental health, enabling them to identify common mental health conditions, supervise first aid for mental health and offer aid and guidance to those in need.
Duration: Two days
Course type: Classroom
Number of candidates: 1 - 12
- Indicate understanding of the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Identify factors that can affect a person’s mental health.
- Understand the role of a First Aider for mental health.
- Outline the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected mental health condition.
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health.
- Identify signs of stress.
- State how stress can be managed.
- State potential effects of alcohol and drug abuse on a person’s mental health.
- Outline potential negative consequences of substance abuse on a person’s employment and lifestyle.
- Demonstrate the application of the first aid action plan for mental health.
- State key factors in providing a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- Describe the characteristics, including signs and/or symptoms, of Bipolar and Psychosis.
- Describe the support & therapy provided by professional healthcare providers for the following mental health conditions, such as Depression and Anxiety.
Who needs this qualification?
To gain the knowledge of not only how to hold an effective and supportive conversation with those potentially struggling with Mental Health, but how and when to signpost a person to seek professional help. Delegates will also learn how to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions as well as the support and therapy provided by professional healthcare providers.
Why is this training important?
Delegates will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. Attendees will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).