From food business owners and trainers to production managers and hygiene auditors, our Level 4 Food Safety Training Course meets the food industry’s need for a high-level practical qualification with external accreditation.
Looking for one of our open courses? Click here to see the our latests dates
Duration: Five days
Course type: Online
Number of candidates: 1 - 6
- Understand how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation
- Explain food business operator and staff responsibilities with regard to food safety legislation
- Analyse the requirements of food safety legislation and procedures for compliance and enforcement
- Understand how to establish food safety management procedures
- Outline processes for designing and implementing food safety management procedures, including allocating resources, roles and responsibilities
- Analyse the risks to food safety from microbial, physical, chemical and allergenic hazards in a specified food business
- Communicate food safety management information to staff, visitors and suppliers
- State the need for, and benefits of, staff training and the maintenance of training records
- Understand the controls required for food safety
- Review controls for microbial, physical, chemical and allergenic hazards in a specified food business
- Discuss methods for monitoring and recording food safety hazards
- Determine the corrective actions required if food safety hazards are not controlled
- Understand how to maintain food safety management procedures
- Explain methods for verifying the effectiveness of food safety management procedures
- Describe circumstances that require adjustment of food safety management procedures
- Describe how to implement adjustments to food safety management procedures
- Outline strategies for developing and maintaining a food safety culture within an organisation
Open course start dates
Who needs this qualification?
Managers, supervisors and senior hygiene personnel, such as:
- Production managers
- Owners or managers of food businesses
- Supervisors with intermediate (Level 3) food hygiene knowledge
- Hygiene auditors
- Shift managers or supervisors
This qualification is also suitable for those wishing to deliver food safety qualifications as part of their training provision.
Why is this training important?
Beyond being accountable, it is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
The Level 4 Food Safety course has been designed as a five-day programme to provide an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
This qualification is assessed by a 2-part examination:
- Part one: 30 minute 30-question multiple-choice examination. The total mark available in this section is 30 marks.
- Part two: two-and-a-half-hour written examination where learners must answer 4 questions, split into multiple parts (a, b, c, etc.). The total mark available in this section is 70 marks.
- Pass: at least 50 marks out of 100 across the two parts
- Merit: at least 60 marks out of 100 across the two parts
- Distinction: at least 70 marks out of 100 across the two parts