Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
Employers are required to make an assessment of their first aid to establish what level of First Aid at Work Training Courses are required. This will depend on the workplace, taking into account size, location, no of employees and activities.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- ow to assess an incident
- Recognise signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- First aid skills in CPR and use of an AED
- First aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock
Who needs this qualification?
First aiders in lower-risk work environments. The HSE strongly recommends that all first aiders undertake an annual refresher course, and candidates must re-qualify every three years.
Why is this training important?
The course and content address the needs of the first aider within the workplace.
The qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical observation – The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. The ongoing assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills
- Written/oral questioning – Learners must provide a short response to set questions within a learner pack covering underpinning knowledge of first aid
*Workshops and courses are priced per person and can be booked for up to 6 candidates to attend, subject to social distancing requirements. Prices include the appropriate examination fee only, course books or booklets are additional. A 5% discount is applied if five or more courses are booked in a bundle.
eLearning is purchased on an individual cost per licence basis and one licence is needed per candidate that you require to be trained. Licences can be pre purchased in bundles and the number of licences that are purchased in a bundle determines the cost paid per licence.