Your privacy is extremely important to us. This policy explains what personal information we have, how we use it and how you can check and update any of your personal information.
Shield Safety provides online compliance and risk management software that is simple, smart and secure and gives business owners real-time visibility of a business’s compliance and risk status.
We collect information:
- to deliver products and services relevant to you
- to improve our products and services and develop new ones
- to help us run and grow our business
The personal information you give us includes:
- who you are (name, contact details, job title, business address, interests & preferences)
- correspondence with us face to face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- content you choose to have uploaded to the service.
When you provide us with personal information about someone else you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to Shield Safety for the purpose required and that the individual concerned is aware of;
- the fact that their personal information is being collected
- the purposes for which that information is being collected
- the intended recipients of that information
- the individual's right to obtain access to that information
- Shield Safety’s identity & how to contact us
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
You can always choose not to provide your personal information to Shield Safety, but it may mean that we are unable to provide you with the Service.
We collect information mainly when you contact us and when you use our products and services. We also collect information from business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
We use your information to keep in touch with you and to supply and improve our products and services.
In particular, this means using your information to:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to notify you about changes to our service(s).
- to personalise your user experience.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing.
- we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
We are allowed to use your information in these ways and share the information as described below mainly because of legitimate business interests:
- to carry out the contractual obligations in the provision of our products and services to our clients
- for conducting market research
There are some situations where you have given your consent to us using your data for specific purposes:
- to share sensitive personal information with Shield Safety, for example medical information associated with an incident report logged on the Safety Advice Line.
We do not carry out automated decision making or profiling.
All data stored by us is only used for internal processing, and never sold or otherwise given away.
In connection with the purposes described above, we may share your information with others including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
Shield Safety may be required to disclose Your personal information without your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data. When you provide your personal data through our Service, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
As described in this policy, we may in some instances disclose your personal data to third parties. Where Shield Safety discloses your personal data to a third party, we require that third party to have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data; however in some instances we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal data to a third party, such as the HSE, and have limited control over how it is protected by that party.
We use third party payment processing services to ensure your card &/or bank account details are encrypted and securely stored. These details are not stored & cannot be accessed by Shield Safety.
Compliance Centre is hosted in the European Economic Area (EEA). In limited circumstances your personal data may be accessed by and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
There are certain reasons we have to keep hold of your information.
We keep information while you're our customer or after you've left us, but only as long as we need it for the purposes described above. For example, we might need to sort out disagreements or follow our legal obligations. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. To request a copy of your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “My data request”
including the following Required Information:
- your full name and
- a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range
- email addresses (past and present) you have used to access our services
- attach to the email a copy of your current and valid photo ID (e.g. a passport photo page)
From the date that we receive all of the Required Information, we have – under the relevant legislation – 30 days to process your request.
You also have a right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent (for example, you can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us). Please note that we may still be entitled to process your information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
If you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
Data Protection Officer, Shield Safety, 45/47 - 1st Floor Newton Street, Northern Quarter, Manchester, M1 1FT, 020 3740 3744
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/