Who needs this qualification?
Responsible persons in non-complex, low- or normal-risk premises who wish to carry out their own fire risk assessment, or those who assist them in fulfilling this duty.
Why is this training important?
This course allows experienced and trained candidates to develop their knowledge and skills further, via key learning outcomes.
This qualification covers the following topics:
• Conduct a fire safety checklist in their work area.
• Conduct a fire risk assessment in a low- or normal-risk premises (assuming candidates have the necessary technical knowledge in relation to fire safety and the activities/environments/issues being assessed).
• Organise and implement a fire risk assessment programme or contribute to an existing programme.
• Participate in the identification of specific fire safety training needs through fire risk assessment.
• Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of fire safety in their workplace.
• Self-evaluate their knowledge and skills, and to seek help where necessary.
Three-day programme (18 hours) plus six guided learning hours for further research and trainer support, before commencing the assessment activity.
Draft fire risk assessment based on candidates’ own work environment.
Yes. Ofqual reference: 501/2394/4
*Workshops and courses are priced per person and can be booked for up to 12 candidates to attend. Up to a maximum of 6 additional candidates can attend a course and the costs may vary depending on numbers. Prices include the appropriate examination fee only, course books or booklets are additional. A 5% discount is applied if five or more courses are booked in a bundle.