The Level 1 Food Safety Awareness Training Courses have been developed to raise awareness of key food safety issues and to provide employees with an induction to food hygiene, prior to undertaking the Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Who needs this qualification?
• New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge.
• Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A).
• Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff.
• Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Why is this training important?
• Employers are legally obliged to provide training.
• Food business operators must ensure that employees are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene matters in order to guarantee safe food to consumers.
• Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene.
• Learn how to keep clean and hygienic.
• Learn how to keep work areas clean.
• Know the role an individual plays in reducing contamination.
• Identify key food safety issues.
Multiple choice examination.
CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety or CIEH Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets.
*Workshops and courses are priced per person and can be booked for up to 12 candidates to attend. Up to a maximum of 6 additional candidates can attend a course and the costs may vary depending on numbers. Prices include the appropriate examination fee only, course books or booklets are additional. A 5% discount is applied if five or more courses are booked in a bundle.