The Level 1 Fire Safety Training Course is designed to help an organisation to meet its duties under current fire safety legislation by providing employees with essential knowledge about fire safety, helping them to understand how to prevent a fire from starting as well as what actions to take if a fire does break out.
Who needs this qualification?
• Designed for all employees
• Those with no specific fire-safety role
• Those undertaking induction training
• As an introduction for those who intend to move on to further fire-safety training
Why is this training important?
It’s a legal requirement to ensure that all staff are trained in order to keep themselves and their colleagues safe within the workplace. This training provides key learning outcomes that enable an organisation to meet their duty of care, and also provide essential knowledge to their employees.
• Identify main causes and effects of fires in the workplace.
• Understand duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens).
• Carry out procedures in the event of a fire.
• Understand actions to be taken in the event of a fire.
• Know the fire triangle.
• Report fire safety issues.
Multiple choice examination.
Level 2 Award in Fire Safety.
*Workshops and courses are priced per person and can be booked for up to 12 candidates to attend. Up to a maximum of 6 additional candidates can attend a course and the costs may vary depending on numbers. Prices include the appropriate examination fee only, course books or booklets are additional. A 5% discount is applied if five or more courses are booked in a bundle.